You made it to the next phase in TM Trendsetter Selections!
I'm excited you're here & I feel so honored that you have chosen to become a TM Trendsetter.
This is going to be AH-MAZING!
PARENTS: This is where your daughter applied: https://www.theresamarie.com/trendsetters/
The next step is to read this page & CONFIRM AT THE BOTTOM
─ Trendsetter Orientation ─
IN A NUTSHELL:
You’re basically getting all kinds of perks for simply booking your Senior shoot
(or Demi shoot for Teens) with Theresa Marie in Mar/Apr and posting online about your experience. pretty sweet right?!
Theresa Marie Trendsetters is:
They set the trend for quality photos. Firstt is an individual shoot (Senior Shoot for seniors or mini shoot for teens) in addition to our Trendsetter intro shoot. Plus the possibility of being rewarded with additional pop-up concept shoots exclusively for TM Trendsetters to contribute to planning & styling.
TM Trendsetters are the face of the Theresa Marie boutique brand and take ownership of the brand as your own. You'll support and promote the brand kind of like a celebrity spokesmodel or social media influencer
acts of kindness
They set the trend for Kindness. We'll choose kindness projects together that give the team an opportunity to impact our community by spreading kindness. Things like Random Acts of Kindness scavenger hunt and creating cards for hospitalized kids etc. (this is actually TM's favorite aspect)
You will get to know people outside of your typical friend group. The Trendsetters squad can be a source of encouragement and advice from ladies of different ages with different perspectives.. We lift up and support one another.
what you put into it is exactly what you will get out of it.
COLLEGE APPLICATION BENEFITS
Being an Influencer
FEATURED & PUBLISHED
As a Trendsetter you will have the chance to be featured in Teen Tampa Magazine!
TM Trendsetters are the first to receive Casting Call details for Teen Tampa editorial shoots!
*being selected for casting calls is not guaranteed due to limited space.
and so much more...
TM Trendsetter T-shirt & Goodies
Plenty of social Media images from shoots
Gain confidence and be empowered
BELONG TO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.
As a Trendsetter you get to be part of some awesome shoots with Theresa Marie in exchange for posting about them!
The shoots are set up through out the year to help you share your images and your experience on social media and word of mouth.
This is where you become trendsetter official! Everyone will hang out and plan ideas for the year while Theresa Marie takes a individual photos of each Trendsetter with their favorite thing.
Then we'll take promo group photos of the 2018 squad!
Each Trendsetter gets their own personal shoot, this is essentially what you booked early to get all these perks! You get your 1-on-1 time with Theresa Marie in front of her camera that you deserve, to walk away from this experience with a confidence boost.
● Class of 2019 Seniors will get the whole "Princess" experience including an in-person consultation to plan your dream shoot! This will be your big day!! (must be before October 2018)
●For sophomores and freshmen this will be your DEMI shoot. You'll get 30 minutes in front of the camera and there is so much TM can do in 30 minutes just in and around the studio!
Throughout the year there may be opportunities for additional styled pop up shoots!
How pop up shoots work:
● Trendsetters sign up for the leadership opportunity to plan and coordinate a styled concept shoot, TM helps with ideas/mood board but just shows up to shoot/edit. Participation: a reward for activity (ex: 3 girls available on x date + with the most secret reward cards)
● When TM is inspired for something creative and the shoot would require themed styling/props you can opt-in to join for a small fee just to cover prop/set expenses. ex: super fun styled New Years Eve shoot that would cost about $60 to produce so the expenses would be divided by the amount of girls wanting to opt-in to the shoot. (paid in advance, min of 3 participants)
DESTINATION shoot upgrade
If you have Wanderlust like TM you'll love this opportunity!
Together we can choose a Location to travel to for a one of a kind Destination shoot experience. There are great road trip locations within Florida like Miami and St. Augustine and Savannah, GA is just 5 hours away!
Or we can fly to destinations like Chicago, NYC, Nashville, Atlanta etc!
● Destination shoot upgrade will require a minimum of 3 girls and upgrade would range between $250-500.
● You would arrange travel and accommodations with a parent and simply meet Theresa Marie at the destination to jam pack as many locations & looks within destination
● Destination shoot would take place in July (or Sept/Oct to avoid tourism)
Think of our shoots like puzzles; together we'll each need to find the pieces that fit for the final vision. (mood board) This may mean treating yourself to a new outfit (whether thats a consignment store or online) or raiding your friends closets, it may even mean getting the perfect prop like those vintage roller skates you always wanted or raiding the attic/garage or posting on facebook in search of borrowing the perfect vintage car. BECAUSE YAYY ITS AN EXCITING SHOOT OPPORTUNITY and why wouldn't you want to go all out!?
We won't just see each other at the shoots, there will be many opportunities to be able create special bonds with people outside of your typical friend group, get support and advice from ladies of different ages with different perspectives. You’ll even have the opportunity to help coordinate other hangouts with your new squad through the entire year.
✦ Trendsetter Kickoff
- Where it all begins!
- This will be our first official gathering Sunday April 15th at 2pm.
- Everyone becomes Trendsetter official with their TM Trendsetter Tee.
- First of many times in front of Theresa Marie's camera for headshots
- Bring mom's favorite baby photo of you & your favorite thing you can't live without - besides your phone!
- We'll sign up for leadership opportunities
- We'll also play some games and chat about our summer Destination location!
✦ Holiday Soiree
- It's our bittersweet end of the year send off celebration
- We'll have a cookie exchange and a super fun gift exchange
- Sip hot cocoa and reflect on our year together.
- I have SUPER fun things planned for two Random Acts of Kindness Days
- Friendsgiving Potluck Sunday November 4th
- Then additional hangouts if coordinated by Trendsetters who signed up for Leadership opportunities. Possible ideas:
- Trendsetter Game Night!
- Happy Mail RAK Crafting day
- Clothing or Book swap (whatever's left we donate)
- Coffee Talks
- Painting Party
- Favorite Things Party
- Halloween Pumpkin Carving/Painting & Smores
- Christmas cookie baking & decorating day for RAK
- April 15th: Trendsetter Kickoff
- May 27th: Painting party & Random acts of Kindness challenge
- June: Teen Demi Shoots & Senior Shoot Consults
- July: Destination shoot upgrade option
- Aug-Oct: Senior shoots for Senior Trendsetters & Hangouts
- NOV 4th: Friendsgiving
- DEC 9th: Holiday Soiree & cookie exchange
Most of our events are planned for Sunday afternoons to accommodate as many schedules as possible. It important to come to as many events as you can and arrive with enthusiasm to get the most out of your experience, but no event is mandatory. Your experience is really what you make it!
I fully understand that your generation is full of potential just waiting to be unleashed. This is the perfect opportunity to get creative, get a feel for what its like to be in a sorority organizing activities for your sisters and get experience to add to your resume. The Theresa Marie boutique studio doors are always open to Trendsetters for anything your hearts desire.
You'll also be able to receive a Character Reference letter from Theresa Marie for Scholarships. by request
COORDINATING A STYLED SHOOTThis would mean styling shoot with moodboard
bringing props etc to make the vision come to life
tracking who's coming etc
COORDINATING A HANGOUTThis would mean arranging location (if TM studio isn't the best option)
tracking who's coming etc
COORDINATING RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESSThis would mean coming up with an idea to spread kindness
Organizing a way for Trendsetters to do that together.
ie. Happy Mail Hangout (crafting, addressing & sending out)
influencer & rewards
✦ being an INFLUENCER
You've heard the terms "Brand Ambassador" or "Social Media Influencer"... well now you get to be one! An Influencer is someone who is chosen to bring visibility to a brand by actively engaging with the brand on social media & sharing their experience with that brand, naturally, to their social media followers and friends.
You'll be posting your photos and GENUINELY talking all about your experience with Theresa Marie.
- commenting on all posts by @theresamarie
- taking behind the scenes pics at a shoot to post
- posting images from our shoots
- taking photos of what we're doing at our hangouts to share
- posting a group selfie to share about how excited you are for one of our upcoming events
- Basically treating everything we do like you're at an epic concert ; )
An Influencer exclusively works with brands they love and for that reason all Trendsetters will only work with and be photographed by Theresa Marie for the duration of the agreement. No other photographers either practicing or professional (except school photos.)
No selling involved! Trendsetters do not have to sell to their friends or make their friends book but Theresa Marie absolutely shows gratitude for word of mouth referrals. Trendsetters will also be able to offer senior friends a bonus gift for their senior shoot with Theresa Marie when they tell us you sent them.
✦ SECRET REWARDS
You’ll already be posting about the fun stuff we’ll be doing, why not get some perks for it? With winnings ranging from a slow motion high five to a mini bestie photo shoot, Secret Reward Cards are a lottery of prizes & surprises. (TM loves surprises!)
HOW THEY'RE EARNED
Do any of the following = 1 card.
- Leave a sincere comment (more than four words) on @theresamarie posts / 5x = 1 card
- Wear your Tshirt to school on #theresamarietuesday & post a photo to Instagram with hashtag!
- Snapchat from our event *mentioning Theresa Marie Trendsetters in the caption* (Limit 1 per month)
- Post about hangout or group shoot
- Assist TM on a senior shoot
- Coordinate/plan an event/hangout/meetup for Trendsetters team
- Sign up to come early to help organize / set up at Trendsetters event
- Sign up to stay and help clean up after Trendsetters event
- Insta post professing your love for Theresa Marie haha jk
Every time we get together, TM will make it rain Secret Reward Cards.
The only thing you need to do is screenshot or take a pic when you do a thing from the Secret Reward Card list and keep them on your phone. (either favorites or in an album) Then show TM at the beginning of each meetup because TM forgets!
It’s totally optional for bonus perks and really just about helping out and sharing good vibes about what the Trendsetters are up to!
FOR CLASS OF 2019
- Senior photo shoot & TM Experience
- Pro Hair & Airbrush Makeup for Senior Shoot
- Senior photo shoot consult
- ALL the Trendsetter Perks until Graduation
*only $350 required at signing.
FOR CLASS OF 2020 & 2021
- Demi photo shoot
- $100 credit toward prints & products
- ALL the Trendsetter Perks until Dec 2018
*DEMI shoot is 30 minutes
Earn a bonus
These are the final days together before college, when is the last time you had a nice family portrait?
By pre-paying $1400 toward your Senior artwork order before your shoot! Complete in one payment or choose the auto-pay monthly installments.
This is also a great way to make your senior experience work for any budget!
These are some of the expectations for Trendsetters as outlined in the application you completed:
TM Trendsetters must have exclusive loyalty to Theresa Marie Brand & may not model for, promote or be associated with any other photographer, aspiring photographer or studio. (exception for school photos)
- Trendsetters will commit to Theresa Marie for their senior portraits & keepsakes
- Trendsetters should represent Theresa Marie and the Trendsetter squad in a classy and professional manner and always be positive, kind and encouraging in all interactions with Theresa Marie Trendsetters.
- Trendsetters are expected to put forth their best effort into the program: try their best to attend most Trendsetter events, stay active in group chats & participate in the opportunities TM provides with enthusiasm.
- Trendsetters are influencers/brand ambassadors for the Theresa Marie brand and genuinely sharing their events and experiences on Instagram is an important part of their commitment and continuation in the program. They are expected to promote the brand as if it were their own & bring visibility to posts on Instagram by liking, commenting and resharing (vis insta stories, snapchat or twitter).
There will be two simple steps to officially sign on as a Trendsetter:
Submit the booking retainer of $325
- Sign the Trendsetter Agreement which includes what media refers to as a model release. (also signed by Parent/Guardian)
Q: How many Trendsetters are you accepting?
Good question, I actually had to ask myself this question a few times due to the incredible response to the Trendsetter Team! (Thank you!) The original plan was to have a maximum of 10-12 girls but there was a delay I've been working on ways to include more Trendsetters so that number may grow this year!
Q: How much time is involved?
As with anything in life, you really get out of it what you put in but being a TM Trendsetter is not a huge time committment. Everyone is busy so we will not be having weekly meetups or anything; sometimes we'll get together twice in a month and sometimes we'll go a month without seeing each other.
Most of our events are planned for Sunday afternoons to accommodate as many schedules as possible. It's important to come to as many events as you can and arrive with enthusiasm to get the most out of your experience, but no event is mandatory.
Everything else will just be the typical commenting and posting on social media which you already spend time doing anyway and keeping up with our group chat which isn't anything more than you would already do with friends!
If you sign up for a leadership opportunity to coordinate a hangout, shoot or random acts of kindness then you will be giving a little extra effort for that resume experience. If you are very short on extra time, its probably best that you dont sign up for leadership opportunitiy because we do expect your best effort!
Q: What if I can't come to every event?
No worries, we totally understand that things like tournaments and family reunions cant be rescheduled! For other things that might be flexible, keep in mind that most of the things we do are one time only, if you miss a shoot opportunity there is no make-up day.
Q: Will there be any additional costs?
This depends on 3 things:
- If you are interested in participating in a Destination Shoot; yes, but this is optional - ranging $250-500
- If you are interested in the extra styled pop-up shoot opportunites like a New Years Eve shoot etc; yes, also optional - ranging $10-30
- What grade you are in:
-- Teen trendsetters are not expected to make any other purchases. Most Trendsetters do purchase prints and products from Demi shoot beyond the included print credit.
-- Signing on as a Senior Trendsetter is booking your senior shoot in advance for awesome perks; this is the Full Senior shoot experience & Senior Trendsetters are expected to purchase custom artwork from that shoot at their ordering appointment as normal. More details can be found on the artwork page.
Q: How will I know I made the team?
Hopefully, Mom and Dad keep the secret and allow me to surprise you!
Q: I have a question you didnt cover.
Please don't hesitate to contact me, I am happy to help!
Let us know you both have reviewed this page by completing the confirmation below.
After confirmation is submitted, parent will receive a Top Secret email in the next 48 hours, watch your inbox.